Sunday, September 09, 2007

Adnan Sami's Raag Yaman

I have always felt that Adnan Sami is wasting is career, by trying to emulate R.D.Burman's style of composing and Kishore Kumar's style of singing. Instead, he should focus on what he is best at... Playing Piano. Not many have the speed which he has got and his command over the instrument is phenomenal. He can do with his fingers, what Ustad Zakir Hussain does with his fingers on Tabla. His understanding of Indian Classical Music is no less. This video gives a small peek into what he is capable of and the magic of his fingers, when he plays Indian Classical. Interestingly, i have an album featuring both, outdoing each other. I wish Adnan does more of this, so that he can also join the league of Ustads.

3 comments:

Musically Me said...

the video was great... brilliant work by Adnan... I am all the more worried about his focus on good music and work ever since he lost all the extra pounds. I read somewhere that people are forcing him to act in movies now...

Neha Nair said...

His very first movie went unoticed.I don't know why. lUCKY had very good songs. His album Tera chehra did well , his latest Teri yaad also did a good job. I think he is a good singer and a composer

Neha Nair said...

Hey by the way Ive uploaded my video..do check out my singing. since ur a music lover :)